Ci Design takes into consideration your sketches, dimensions, tolerances, specifications, and order quantity specifications to create the ideal solution for you and your business. Consider:
- Standard rackmount dimensions from 1U and up
- Tower-style, portable-style, or custom-shaped enclosures
- Server-storage or storage-only solutions
- Custom configurations to match and complement existing product lines & solutions
- We take both small and large volume orders depending on specifications
Our Client-Centric Approach
As an OEM & ODM solutions provider, we pay a lot of attention to your specifications and needs to build the ideal solution for your business. Some features we take into consideration include:
- Multiple Levels of Storage
- Primary Storage
- Secondary Storage
- Tertiary Storage
- Offline/Online Storage
- Features of Storage
- Power & Energy Usage
Quality Data Storage Solutions
An intricate assembly of memory, components, devices, and other media, Data Storage Solutions are invaluable to the independent individual, small-to-medium business, and enterprise level networks. At Ci Design, we create solutions that provide these services at the highest level of quality possible, with particular focus on:
- Hardware Reliability & Durability
- Fault Tolerance
- Low failure rates with maximum uptime
- Hardware Redundancy including Redundant Power Supplies and RAID-redundant HDD configurations
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies
- Error Detection & Correction
- Hot-Swappable Hardware
- Thermal-Efficient Design to prevent overheating
Design From Start To Finish
Our specialists have you covered from start to finish, including covering mechanical design, electrical design, and several other services for your custom project.
- From Concept to Completion
- Tooling Design & Manufacturing
- Customized Mechanical Products
- Plastic Molding & Injection
- Pressure Die Casting
- Rapid Prototyping
- Advanced Digital Prototyping
- Adherence to Safety Agency Policies & EMI Considerations during Design Process
A Step Further
- Agency & Regulatory Services Include:
UL, CSA, TUV, CE, FCC, NEBs, & MIL
- Special Materials, Coating, & Finishing Design
- Product Packaging & Graphics Design
- Acoustics, Vibration, Noise Design & Testing
- Thermal & Air Flow Verification
- Low/High Volume Prototypes & Production Support
- Custom Component Sourcing
- Environmental Compliant Design
- Manufacturing Support
- Global Support (with facilities in USA, Asia, & Europe)
with Advanced Digital Prototyping
Ci Design Engineers work closely with clients to create accurate and valid drawings of each OEM & ODM project.
We help you visualize your pre-production product using the latest, high-end 3D engineering software available.
- 3D Sample Drawings
3D sample drawings are generated during the Product Development Phase, and interactive, 3D-animated digital mockups are completed for client review.
- 3D Renders
To give an even more realistic impression of what the product will look like, we also provide hyper-realistic 3D renders of each product.
- Get a realistic impression before Fabrication and Production
Digital Prototyping is so accurate, it’s able to give you a realistic impression of how your product looks, works, and feels at a fraction of the cost. We’ll help you finalize your design to perfection before ordering the physical prototype.
Multiple, High-Speed Interfaces
Ci Design can build you a storage system with single- or multi-interface connections, including:
- PCI Express
For expansion cards, including graphic processors and high-end network interfaces.
For expansion cards.
For disk drives.
- USB 2.0
- USB 3.0
- Firewire 400
- Firewire 800
Hard Drive Support
Choose the hard drive solution for your business, and we’ll collaborate with you to design around it.
HDD Form Factors
- 2.5″ HDDs
- 3.5″ HDDs
- 1.8″ HDDs
- 15000 RPM
- 10000 RPM
- 7200 RPM
- 5400 RPM
- 4800 RPM
- ATA (PATA)
- Hot-Swappable or Cold-Swappable
- Lock Security
- Designed to prevent accidental ejection
Support for Advanced Technologies
With the growing need for data storage in the digital market, there is also a growing need for several supporting technologies to manage it all. This is where we bring our years of storage know-how to the table:
- Multiple Levels of RAID Redundancy & Data Protection
- Firmware Compatibility & Support
- Data Integrity
- Anti-Vibration & Shock Resistance
Backplane & PCB Design
- Custom design to your specifications
- Ability to re-evaluate and upgrade existing chassis
- Firmware & Application compatibility
- Thorough Testing & Verification Processes
Choose from redundant or singular power supply options. Redundancy can be customized to multiple levels to keep each unit running smoothly and without interruption.
We carefully construct each unit to maximize air flow within each unit, thereby increasing thermal efficiency and data integrity.
- High quality, heat-dissipating materials such as Aluminum
- Active Heat-Sink Technology
- Passive Heat-Sink Technology
- Hot-Swappable & Fixed Fans
- Internal & External Designs that minimize heat retention
- Alarm Installation & Alert Applications to prevent overheating
- Thorough testing for maximum air flow
Testing & Verification
In keeping with our mission to provide our customers with the best solutions possible, each design undergoes multiple testing & verification processes by our experienced engineers. Each unit undergoes power, thermal, drive support, and EMC testing before it is approved for production.
NCT Manufacturing Systems
NCT or Numerical Controlled Machine Technology is one of the most cost-effective solutions for the production of complex, custom OEM & ODM solutions. These advantages include:
- More bang for your buck
- More productivity at smaller costs
- High level of accuracty and precision
- Incredibly safe procedures
- Easier to figure out material requirements
- Backtrack and make design changes with ease
- Highly-efficient machining procedures
- Ability to store production & design details for future integration
- A Head Start on Time Management
- Reduced leadtime
- Reduced manufacturing time
- Optimized production procedures
- Produce higher quality products
- Optimized testing phases
- Simplified pre-production planning
- Reduction of product fabrication errors
Hard Tooling is an even more ideal solution for the mass production of custom OEM & ODM solutions, with emphasis on generating higher quality products.
- Includes highly-customized die-casting process
- Used as a highly durable production method in “metal stamping”
- Consistent quality & accuracy
- Great for high-volume production, capable of producing thousands to millions of parts
A popular method for cutting materials in the industrial manufacturing process, Ci Design utilizes Laser Cutting technology to create high-quality surface finishes for flat-sheet materials, including stainless steel and aluminum.
Logo & Labeling
Emphasize your brand with several labeling and tagging options. Below are just some of the possibilities we offer.
To find out more about our branding capabilities, please call 1-800-576-5487.
- Emulsion Acrylic
- Heat Seal
- Hot Melt
- Linerless Construction
- Laminations, TT, Laser, & UV
- UV Inks & Varnishes
- Epoxy Stickers
- Embossed Stickers
- Magnetic Stickers
- Vinyl Stickers
Bevelling & Embossing
- Flush Designs
- Color Materials
- Embossed Laminates
- Flexible Vinyl
- Frosty Clear Vinyl
- Laser Printable Brown Kraft
- Reverse Coated Foil
- Wine Papers
Recommended for medium- to large-volume orders.
- Matte Powder Coating
- Anodized Aluminum with Fine Brushing
- Injection Molding with Matte Finish
- Print on plastic, metal, and glass
Ideal for small-volume orders.
Recommended for small print areas.
Metal & Plastic Tagging
- Aluminum Tags
- Blank Metal Tags
- Brass Tags
- Danger Tags
- Embossed Metal Tags
- Engraved Metal Tags
- Marked Metal Tags
- Metal Rim Tags
- Paper/Tyvek Tags
- Plastic Engraved Tags
- Self Laminated Tags
- Stamped Metal Tags
- Stainless Steel Tags
- Write on Tags
Your Choice of
Materials, Colors, & Styles
Along with custom labeling options, Ci Design can customize your unit to reflect the materials, colors, and styles that identify your specific brand.
Cold Rolled Steel
High Strength, Low Alloy, Steel
Hot Rolled Steel
PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride)
Customize Your Own Styles
At Ci Design, we know that branding is more than just a logo on a faceplate – it’s the aesthetics and overall feel of the product that fill in the rest of the picture.
To support this level of customization, we offer an array of tools and capabilities for your convenience:
- Aluminum Casting & Extrusion
Removing material from metallic strips or blank areas.
Raised, sunken, or relief designs & patterns.
- Metal Blanking
Punching, cutting, or shearing stock metal materials, usually in preparation for additional design processes.
- Metal Stamping
Forming strip or sheet metals using extreme pressure.
Removing material from metallic strips or blank areas.
- Press Braking
Bending, blanking, corrugating, curling, notching, perforating, piercing, or punching metals.
Forming metal components.
- Roll Forming
Creating shapes and contours.
Joining metals, including grinding, polishing, filling voids, preparation and priming for painting or other designs processes.
- Liquid Wet Paint
- Electrochromic Paint
- Latex Paint
- Oxidative Cure Coatings
- UV Curing Paints
Tough, chemically resistant material.
Similar to epoxies, with some UV and overbake advantages.
Polyester Urethane, exterior durable, thin film.
Durable and resistant material.
Polyvinylidene Flouride, or “Kynar” – highly-durable commercial resin.
- Injection Molding
- Vacuum Forming
- Thermo Forming
Solutions for Established Providers & Industry Entrepreneurs
Our 25+ years of experience is available to help you build your solution, every step of the way.
- Consult with Tried and True OEM & ODM Specialists
- Build on your ideas
- Verify and Validate designs
- Send your ideas to production
- Follow our OEM & ODM Process Model
- Support for both large- and small-scale projects
- Achieving results Quickly and Efficiently
- Controlled use of Budget and Resources
- Constant Communication via Open Contact Window for the duration of each project
- Design & Revision Control
We have several international manufacturing centers, totaling over 20,000 square feet of top-of-the-line facilities to handle virtually any volume of production our clients may anticipate. Our Production Team is supported by advanced 3D engineering software, detailing every aspect of each manufacturing project to ensure high quality, error-free results. Each product endures thorough testing, from the drawing board to the final delivery.
Order Management, Configuration, & Logistics Support
We don’t just focus on the manufacturing side of our projects — we take it a step further:
- Continued post-sales support
- Streamlined production procedures, minimizing the time-to-market phase
- Customer service satisfaction
- Satisfaction with the final product
- Access to fully-trained technical support team
A Dedicated Team
That’s Got You Covered
On behalf of our valued customers, our OEM & ODM services comes with a dedicated OEM account management team, including project managers, fully-trained technical systems specialists, engineers, OEM & ODM solutions consultants, customer service professionals, and a tried-and-true experienced technical support team.
Get your Free Consultation to find out more
about how we can help you turn your ideas into reality.
Compliance with Quality Standards
Ci Design is an ISO QMS 9001:2008 certified manufacturer with a commitment to higher quality and customer satisfaction. We are proud to be one of the leading innovators of the design, development, manufacturing, and integration of over 1,000 OEM & ODM computer server and storage system solutions with more than 25 years of experience.
Warranty & Repair Services
In line with our mission to provide the best quality service to our valued customers, Ci Design sports a standard 3-Year Manufacturer Warranty program to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction after the final delivery of each project. Our dedicated Technical Support Team is here to help you:
- Analyze hardware or software system failure
- Provide warranty replacement services
- Offer refurbishment and repair of Ci Design Products
- Support you with system upgrades
- Provide technical services tailored to your specific business needs